a harpoon in the heart of the chilean capital

lunes, 20 de junio de 2011

Viva La Vega

I like getting my fruit and vegetables from La Vega. It's a marvellous wonder of a place in a massive old warehouse with bright and fresh fruit and veg stacked to the rafters and it's bloody cheap as well. The supermarkets are a joke for buying this kind of thing, much more expensive than I was expecting and also the fresh produce is pretty tasteless. La Vega is sometimes less than half price so well worth heading over. It's also a much truer representation of Chile and the city in general. Supermarkets are a relatively new phenomenon whereas this place is an institution. Anyway, I won't waffle too much as I wrote this piece for Revolver so you can learn some more about a great part of the Santiaguino lifestyle:

 http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/living/00777-no-fear-or-loathing-la-vega

There are some more photos here as well, taken by Katie David. Nice photos I think you'll agree of a place that gives me a sense of well-being and peace.
Berries
Piles
Fishies
Chilis
Carrots
Cheap apples
Cheap tomatoes that kids love
Weird lynched effigy type thing

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario